Seeing All Your Friends Posts

When it comes to helping out people on Mafia Wars jobs via your News Feed, most of you probably are not seeing all of your mafia members' posts on your feed currently.

If you are like me, then you have at least the minimum of the 500 friends needed to have a full mafia in Mafia Wars (in my case it's over 2,000 and I know others have even higher than that).

However, by default, Facebook only displays 250 of your friends in your newsfeed. The ones that get displayed in your newsfeed are the ones who you interact with the most on Facebook.

To change this, scroll down to the bottom of your news feed and and in the right hand corner click the edit options link:


Now, a window will pop up for your newsfeed preferences. Notice the "maximum friends allowed" limit in the bottom left hand corner:



Change this number to something higher (I did 2500, but the sky's the limit!) and you will be able to see all of your friends' posts.

While this might be annoying if you are playing Mafia Wars on your real Facebook account, if you are playing on an alternate account (like me), you will definitely want to be able to see all your Mafia friends' posts so that you can help out more frequently for more xp and items.

This is a useful strategy for any Facebook game. The great thing about this is that if you play several games like I do, it's easy for updates to get lost. I interact more frequently with my Mafia Wars friends, so I am never able to see my FarmVille friends' posts (since the cap was on 250). As a result, I was never able to see premium egg posts, but after raising the cap I am able to see these all over the place!


Other News

Loot Shipment:

If you are into collecting limited edition loot, there's a new shipment of items - Modified Tommy Guns:

Find the loot shipment button on your Mafia Wars home page.


Public Enemies Limited Time Job

Still no sign of it. The Public Enemies loot event is going to end soon though so this job has to be coming any day (or hour) now.
,

No comments:

Post a Comment